Friday, July 29, 2005

Update

Well, got my shiny new 250GB hard drive in the mail, stepdad installed everything perfectly at his house, all was well with the world. Bring the computer home today, plug everything in, and I am greeted with a message "Video Cable Connected?"

WHAT THE FUCK????

Marty comes straight over, lays his magic hands upon the computer, and the video starts. I get to the Windows XP screen where I choose my screenname thingy....I scroll the mouse over "Brian" and click....and click....and click.....and click. And nothing fucking happens. Then Marty pulls the computer out to check the mouse connection....and the whole thing blacks out. We re-start it....and repeatedly hear the message, "System Failed Memory Test" and see "Video Cable Connected?" on the monitor.

WHAT THE MOTHER FUCK!??!?!

Marty takes the computer home, turns out it seems my motherboard is also fried. So, I have to shell out another $91 plus $100 for a new uninterruptable power supply. If my CPU is fucked, I am trashing the whole fucking thing and buying a Dell.

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

call el presidante at computer services....

Brian said...

He is MIA, no good to me that damn indian....

Anonymous said...

Toshiba kicks ass!!