Sunday, September 11, 2005


I can't believe today is the 4th anniversary of 9/11. I remember it so clearly, as if it were just last year. I was over in the UK, doing some extramural studies with some horse vet, when I heard that some plane hit the WTC. I was like, "Man those little private plane pilots are crazy, they really need to regulate that more..." Little did I know it was a commercial passenger plane, that another would hit the other twin tower, and they would both come crumbling down. After my day of work, I went back to my room at the B&B, and all that was on the TV was the twin towers falling. I couldn't believe my eyes, I never had felt such a feeling of displacement and shock before. I also never felt as helpless or alone as I did then. With each year that passes, the pain dulls a bit, but it still stings. I can't bear to watch much TV, because every time I see the footage of the buildings crumbling, tears well up in my eyes. When I see people jumping from the buildings, the rage starts to build until I feel like finding the nearest Al Qaida operative and bashing his face into the cement until it is unrecognizable. Maybe someday these feelings won't be as raw...but I hope not. R.I.P. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you Brian...that day is etched in all of our minds. I was not in the UK as you were, had to witness it first hand from the West coast. It was awful to watch it live...My mother woke me up at 6am to say womething bad happened to the WTC, and over the next 3 hours it went from bad to worse to worst possible. I honestly wondered if the entire country as under attack, and whether if we sould survive the day.

We did. And now the 49ers are in first place, and the Jets lost to the Chiefs. Que Lastima.