Monday, June 12, 2006

Random Stuff


Yesterday was Angela's baby shower (organized and run by mom and Melissa, who did a spectacular job!) - we had a pretty low-key thing here at the house, where I was the BBQ-man-slave for all the ladies. Luckily, my dad and buddy Mike were here to help me with the cooking and distribution of food, and Marty, uncle Bruce and cousin Hy were also here to add some testosterone. Once the BBQ-ing was complete, I was directed to go to my mom's to get some chocolate bars that she had ordered...

...and so, rather than drive, we (Mike, dad, Mart and I) walked over so as to spend some time away from the estrogen-fest. Upon returning, we walked in to...

...so rather than witness this girlie-ritual, I felt compelled to get the hell out of there. So, we (Mike, Bruce, Marty and I) walked to the boardwalk for a while. When we got home, most people had already gone, but there was still some cake left (luckily)...

...since this was a TCBY White Chocolate Mousse cake (i.e. heaven on earth), I had to indulge despite it being mostly melted already. I would have lapped it up off the floor or drank it from a cup, I wouldn't have cared, it was delicious. I then realized that my neck hurt. Turned out that, including my morning boardwalk run, I had walked/run over 11 miles and been BBQing for an hour or so, all without sunblock! Therefore, my neck had become distinctly lobsterific. *Sigh*


Went to the doctor today for 34-week check-up, Angela was hooked up to the monitor, everything is going absolutely fine. So, here's your 34-week belly shot:


Finally, I also was sent this photo similar to the Famous Fetus one, except this is my sister and her boyfriend Daniel on the big screen at Times Square:


Cool, eh?

No comments: