Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

Today me, Melissa and Dan ran the Long Beach 5-mile Race - it was Mel and Dan's first race and they both finished and did awesome! I did pretty good, although not as fast as I was hoping (42:33 which is an average of 8:31/mile). In any case, the weather was fine and we had a good time. Here's some photos of the race (some taken by Marty and some by Angela) and some other randoms thrown in:

Ella and Brucey chillin'


Ella in her do-rag getting ready to clean!


In the pool at Rob and Gina and Alexa's house


Alexa helping to arrange the poolside furniture.


The start of the race (with me just right of center)


After about 1.5 miles, leaving the boardwalk and starting the road portion of the race.


Dan on the road.


Mel on the road.


Me just about to finish...


Finished!


Recovering...


Smile!


Dan finishing


Mel finishing


Done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I am going to do a lot more races with you- thanks for helping me to do it. PS- Your daughter is the most gorgeous child on this earth - give her kisses from me.