Sunday, April 13, 2008

Race for Spinal Victory

Today was the Race for Spinal Victory at Jones Beach - this is my 3rd time partaking in this particular event, although this year I ran the 10 mile portion rather than the 5k as in years past. I was hoping to break 1 hour and 30 mins, which would have been 9 min/mile....and managed to finish just above 1 hour and 25 minutes, at an average pace of 8:30 min/mile! Very pleased with the result, I finished 38th out of 133 runners - not too shabby. I managed such speed despite pretty high winds for the westbound half of the race, and an ankle-deep inescapable puddle of ice-cold water right near the end, which soaked me from knee to toes as I splashed through it. Click here to see the full results! Angela and Ella finished the 5k in a speedy 48 minutes (they walked it) - 4 minutes better than last years race, so they also kicked ass! Next up... Long Island Half Marathon in a few weeks. I am hoping I can maintain that 8:30 pace for an extra 3.1 miles!

I am that red/white/black dot running past the Jones Beach Amphitheatre.


Bummed that Angela didn't manage to get a pic of me crossing the finish line. She says I was too fast. Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about all your great running accomplishments. It really is something to be proud of. Not at all like the photos I've seen of you recently, scantily dressed in dingy pool halls. For shame.