Monday, January 19, 2009

The Eve of History

Tomorrow, history will be made - not only here in America, but in the world. FINALLY. Not only are we rid of the talking monkey who for 8 years made most of the world dislike (if not despise) Americans; he who has brought this country to the brink of economic meltdown; he who has embroiled us in 2 simultaneous wars with no obvious mission or end in sight, and worst of all (to me), made me EMBARRASSED of my country of origin. Yes, he shall go retire to some zillion dollar home in Texas, to spend the rest of his life doing what has been doing all along - i.e. whatever the fuck he feels like with no regard for anyone else.

There is renewed hope, and it begins tomorrow. I feel honored to be a part of this time in history, where our new leader brings feelings of pride to the forefront. Of course it is a big deal that he is the first black president. An even bigger deal, to me, is that I feel confident that he will make this country, if not this world, a better place to live in. My biggest concern in this life is that of the future for my daughter (and should I be blessed enough to have other children at some point, for them too) - and I FINALLY feel that the future is bright, and I am PROUD to be an American again.

I can't wait until tomorrow - I am already bursting with anticipation! Until then, here's some images of my future.
Catching snowflakes...


...and making snow angels.


4 generations in one photo - how cool is THAT?


Nanny and Ella



Video of Snow Angel manufacturing.

No comments: