Thursday, June 23, 2005

Yay Birthdays!!!

So, Angela decides that she wants to get my birthday gift for me....of course, my birthday isn't until August 2nd. But that's Angela for ya - she gets an idea in her head, and she is compelled to complete her task sooner than is humanly possible.

There's nothing wrong with a little pre-emptive shopping, right? What's wrong with getting a birthday gift for someone early?

The problem arises when it is a gift that is in a huge box that is un-hideable.

So, I got my gift a month and a half early!!

:)

It's an AWESOME 27" flat screen HDTV. It's too small for the living room, so it shall reside in the bedroom - which makes for much football watching in bed. :) Now I just have to get the High Def receiver, and we are on our way. I shall never leave my bed on a Sunday during football season....!

This left me with the dilemma of what to get her for her birthday in October.

I decided that a cruise to Bermuda would be nice.

My dad is a cruise-agent, so he got me a great deal on a cruise that actually leaves from NY in October....and some of our friends are also interested. So it sounds like it will be a great time...

However...

We now have to see if she is allowed to leave and re-enter the US, seeing as her green card application is pending....that means phone calls to US Immigration and our immigration lawyer. UGH. I hate phone calls.

No comments: