Sunday, April 29, 2007

Planting Fields


The weather was with us today, so we thought we would take Ella for her first trip to the Planting Fields Arboretum up on the North Shore. We decided to take a picnic lunch, so we stopped at the highly-touted "Whole Foods" in Hicksville...and let me tell you, we could have spent the whole day in that place. Not only is it a supermarket-type of place that blows Trader Joe's (which I go to at least weekly) away, but about 1/3 of the place was dedicated to lunch-type-food, i.e. salad bar, cold food bar, hot food bar, sandwiches, sushi, etc. You know how they say not to shop when you are hungry? Well...I was hungry. REALLY hungry. So I stood in line for a sandwich and let Angela get the rest of the stuff, otherwise we would have had bags of food for our lunch and I would have to get on the elliptical for a couple of hours to undo all the damage. Our menu consisted of a grilled chicken and mozzarella sandwich with sun-dried tomato pesto on ciabatta bread, brown-rice sushi (eel and avocado roll), a yummy salad a la Angela, a Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wa for those who don't know) Cake, and some snow peas with bacon and lemon zest (I let Angela eat that stuff...the lemon and bacon killed it for me). It was very difficult to get me to leave that place, let me tell you.

Then we get to Planting Fields, and an "Arbor Day Festival" was in full swing, which kinda pissed me off because there was a zillion people there...not the usual peaceful relaxing day at all. But we made the most of it, ate our lunch, wandered around a bit and went home with full bellies and tired legs. Not a bad way to spend a day.

Updated Family Photo - of course, Ella refused to look at the camera.


"The Menorah Tree." That's what I call it, anyway.


My girls!


Playing with daddy on a bench in the woods.


Smile!


Cooooool - Arch-y!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im going to send these pics into an agency - its not right. You need to hook her up.