Monday, May 07, 2007

Long Island Marathon (10k)


Yesterday was the Long Island Marathon...and half marathon...and 10k race (which I ran). It was quite cold and brutally windy at the starting line (at 7:30am), but I bounced around, up and down, over and over to keep warm. Some guy addressed us over the loudspeaker and then Kevin Covais, the kid from last years American Idol, sang the national anthem. Shortly after that, the horn blew, and off we ran...directly into the wind. With the adrenaline pumping, I hardly noticed. I reached the 1 mile marker in 7:30, which is quite incredible (for me). I decided I had to slow my pace down or I would burn out...I hit the 5k spilt, and my time was 26:40, which was better than my best 5k time. I again told myself, "Slow down dumbass, or you won't finish!" As usual, I don't listen to anyone, including myself, because I refused to slow down. I finished the race in 53:48, which destroyed my former time of 1:00:54. That is equal to an average of 8:30 per mile. Which is insane. I finished 122 out of 639 runners. I then went home and immediately signed up for a 10-mile run in a couple of weeks. Then I went to the gym. I think I have a problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian I am so proud of you!You are so regimented the way you work out run marathons and eat so healthy!You are an inspiration to all! I could not be prouder of you. You are every mothers dream of what a son should be!I love you

Anonymous said...

This is like the Brian and his mom's blog- MOMMY leaves you comments on everything! Anywho- see you guys on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

POST MORE PICS FOR NANNY!