Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happpppy 10-Month Birthday To Ella!

OK, so today is Ella's ACTUAL 10-month birthday - and to celebrate, what did I do? I ran a 10 mile race - The 31st Annual City Manager's Trophy Run. It was much harder than I thought it would be...my friend Keith and I ran it (he did it even though he did a Triathalon YESTERDAY!), and it was "fun." It was extremely hot out there with very little breeze for comfort. At times it felt like I was breathing the air inside of an oven...but hey, what can ya do? I finished in 1:38:52, which was an average of 9:54/mile. Not too bad, all things considered! I was number 253 out of 352. Again, not too shabby. At the end of the race, we were expecting lots of water, bagels, fruit, etc. We were right on one count - plenty of fluids. However, not a bagel or a banana in sight. They were BBQing burgers and hot dogs. At 9:30am. After running 10 miles. We promptly left as we both felt as if we were going to puke up the precious water we had ingested. The smell of burgers on the grill was truly nauseating. Only here, in good ol' Long Beach!! Next up: a Half Marathon (13.1 miles)...date to be determined (pending recovery time from this race!).

Oh, and here are some pictures of Ella playing around in her new wading pool with her mummy yesterday!

Happy Birthday :)


Happy...for now.


The first attempt at touching the cool water on a hot day...


...not happy with that!


Getting SO big!


My girls!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian she is the most beautiful baby ever!I see she got a bathing suit I bet she will enjoy the pool all summer. I can't believe she will be a year old already!Time sure went fast.