Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monday = Media Day

As the marathon rapidly approaches, my couple of media "appearances" are going to be broadcast during the marathon week - both my CBS radio interview and my NBC-TV interview will be broadcast on Monday, October 27th. They may be replayed again during the marathon itself on Nov 2nd. Marla Diamond, the CBS reporter, kindly emailed me mp3's of 2 snippets of my interview with her so that I could put it on my blog for others not in the NY area could hear it. I could think of no other way to do this other than to play the snippets in succession on my computer while videoing my computer screen and putting it on youtube. I think the quality is pretty decent, you can at least hear the 2 30-second clips pretty clearly. So here's that:



I am going to record my NBC interview, and should hopefully, with Marty's help, be able to figure out how to get that onto youtube more directly than I did with this radio interview!

Please keep sending me good vibes! I am in the middle of my taper weeks, which means that these next days until the marathon I gradually decrease the amount of running I am doing to try and rest my legs while at the same time trying to keep up the level of endurance I spent the last 4 months building up. Tapering = heaven. I can't wait til the day or two before the race when I get to carb-load like CRAZY! :)

Off I go... enjoy the interview!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doc, you're a week out from the big one. You've put in the training and you're ready. No training you do this week will make any difference on race day. So enjoy your taper! You've earned it. Also, nothing new on race day...go with the tried and true. Remember...you are a lean, mean, running machine. Stay hydrated and have a great race! Best of luck...
Kevin Conway (proud owner of Dutch...the biggest Cocker you ever saw)!