Saturday, May 28, 2005

Chaos

This apartment looks like a bomb hit it - everything is packed away in boxes, which are currently strewn around the place like a friggin' obstacle course. God forbid I should have to wake up and go for a piss in the middle of the night...

Even though it is chaotic, Stevie is as happy as a pig in shit! Despite her hatred for entropy (i.e. disorder [for those who never took physics]), she is loving getting stuff packed and ready for the big move. She has done 99% of the packing...and usually does so before I even wake up! She has helped me weed through my closet and MADE me get rid of probably half of the stuff in there...all unwearable items that are either:

A) sun-bleached
B) covered in random stains (probably from some drunken exploits back in the UK)
C) WAY too big

So, now I have half as many clothes to hang up in my new closet...thus leaving plenty of room for NEW stuff!! YAY!! I have been prohibited from purchasing too many items, seeing as how I have been shrinking over the last year or so, but I am sure I can convince her to let me go for a mini-spree at Old Navy once we get moved in...

It is truly amazing how much crap one accumulates over the course of 2 years. Of course, we have TONS of engagement/wedding gifts sitting in the attic, so that adds a bunch of stuff...hopefully we will have more room in our new place to display/use some of these gifts (especially kitchen items)! In any case, everything is boxed up and ready to move...2 days and counting...

That's about all for now. Angela and Michelle are watching "Bridgett Jones' Diary" behind me right now, so I will have to go elsewhere for fear of vomitting up my delightful Pancho's dinner.

Next time I write will hopefully be from our new casa in LB! Until then....

No comments: