Monday, May 23, 2005

My Jungle Love...O-E-O-E-O

This past weekend was a nice one indeed. On saturday, we headed down to Red Bank, NJ for my cousin Aimee's wedding (on Sunday). We stayed at the very posh hotel that the wedding took place at, The Molly Pitcher Inn, right on the lovely Navesink River. Saturday evening, we met up with my buddy Matthias (hereby referred to as Janja Weed). We headed into town and found the promised land - Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash. This is a comic-book store owned by Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob. I really wasn't interested in the comic books, but they had some of the props and costumes from many of the Kevin Smith films...including, of course, "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back," one of the funnier (and frequently quoted) movies seen back in the UK by myself and my friends. Unfortunately, Kevin Smith wasn't there, but I bought the last Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back t-shirt ever made. I shall wear it with pride.

After the pilgrimage, we went to eat at a nice pub, which looked and felt just like a real british pub. Then we went back to the hotel and had a nice long sleep...

Sunday, we woke up early, hit the hotel's gym for a bit, then got ready to roll. Met Janja Weed for breakfast and went to the wedding! It was a lovely affair, had a nice time with my family. I shall soon attach some pictures! Headed home around 8ish, got home at 10pm (just in time for "Grey's Anatomy"), and hit the sack around 11pm.

Today had a pretty chilled day at work, we are getting excited about the big move back to LB! Stuff is getting packed up slowly but surely, addresses are getting changed on our bills etc, U-Haul is booked. Also, Michelle is here, she has gotten a job in Hauppague, and is looking to get her Canadian visa stuff sorted, get herself an apartment, and get moved in. All exciting stuff!

Good ol' Janja Weed is gonna come up and help us move this weekend, and Jared and Lenny are gonna try to lend a hand too - so hopefully it will go pretty smoothly....

That's about all from this end. I think I shall go watch Jay and Silent Bob now. I love that shit. I would definitely recommend a rental....if you like to laugh at obscenities and farting. I don't think humor gets any better than that.

PEACE.

No comments: