Monday, March 06, 2006

R.I.P. Kirby Puckett



Well, they say bad news comes in 3's - and although this one doesn't really affect me personally, it is the 3rd shitty thing to happen this week: 1) Grandma Phyllis passes away, 2) I find an inoperable tumor in my mom's cat's mouth, and 3) Kirby Puckett dies. Why do I care about Kirby Puckett you ask? He was a professional baseball player - 10 time All-Star, World Series MVP and Hall of Famer...and look at him - you know he was able to throw back a 12-pack of Budweiser along with a whole pizza pie. He gave lots of hope to all of us chubbo's out there. He didn't have it easy either; he was forced to retire when he developed glaucoma and went blind in one eye. Then, he really blew up in weight around the time he was inducted into the Hall of Fame a few years back. Finally, he had a stroke yesterday, and died. He was only 45 years old.

What a sad week. *Sigh*

No comments: