Monday, March 06, 2006

Ultrasound Part 3!









Today we went for Angela's third ultrasound to get a better idea of what the little amazing kicking creature looks like. First thing I saw was this view here, which led me to worry that my wife had been impregnated by aliens.






Next, though, they did a close up of the baby's face, which I saw immediately and couldn't believe what I was seeing - you could see his/her little eyes, nose and mouth.



Angela, however, was not able to see the baby's face as clearly as I was. She, of course, blamed it on several things, including not having her glasses on, her pregnancy affecting her vision (???), and finally, me being a "smarty pants." So, I attempted to sharpen the image and play around with the shading to clarify the image a bit.




Still not convinced, so I made it as plain as I could for her...looks like his/her pop, doesn't it? Egg headed and smiling...:) But honestly, what a cool experience - we saw the little one moving around, kicking its real live feet (which are, coincidentally, just over an inch long) and teeny little hands. Its heart was beating away at 138 bpm, and it is currently sitting backwards (i.e. breech) but the tech assured us that is nothing to worry about. The tech did not tell us anything about the sex of the baby, but when I saw her looking, I certainly did not see any dangling bits, so I am putting my money on a girl...we shall see! All in all, an amazing day.

No comments: