Sunday, December 03, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Today was a very nice, fulfilling day! Let me elaborate...

First, I was startled awake by the sound of what sounded like a cat having a seizure at 6am. I jolted out of bed and ran around the house to see which of my cats were dying, and luckily it was neither. I guess it was some outdoor cats fighting or something. At that point I could not fall back to sleep, because I was all pumped for my latest stupid activity - the 4-mile "Fly With The Owls" run in Lynbrook, NY. I ate my Clif Builder Bar with fervor, and got ready. We packed Ella into 200 layers of clothing, then into the car seat, covered with blankets and into the car. We then picked up Kim and headed over. We met up with Mike and his wife Susan there, got our numbers and t-shirts, and got ready to roll. I finished in 36:30, which was better than the 37 minutes I was hoping for, and considering it took us about 15 seconds to even get to the starting line due to the number of people running, I was quite pleased with these results. Since Ella decided she needed to eat just as I was finishing, we unfortunately do not have a finish-photo, but here's one of Mike, myself and Kim. Oh, and the obligatory one of me and Ella:



When we got home, I quickly hopped in the shower and we headed out to Mt Sinai to visit my college friend Rob, his wife Gina and their little girl Alexa. The incredible Chef Gina cooked an outrageously delicious meal of salad, homemade calzones and linguini with clam sauce, finished off by homemade cookies (and store bought brownies and fruit provided by us...didn't come close to comparing with the home-cooked stuff!). Holy crap, were we full! Ella met her new friend Alexa, and they had a great time together. We just arrived home, and gave Ella her bath, and she is now off to bed. I shall soon follow. Here's a pic of Ella and Alexa:


Next up - Snowflake run in February?? I don't think even I am that crazy....or am I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are totally that crazy!

Anonymous said...

She looks great in these pics! Very photogenic- I believe you should start her modeling career soon. Also, cool that your friends number was 1.