Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bellmore Striders Independence Day Run

Today being the 4th of July, I figured what better a day to run another race. So, I did this 4-mile race in Bellmore, despite the soreness of my right calf. I did pretty damn good, finishing in 32:52, which is a 8:13 mile. In fact, my first mile was the fastest mile I have ever run, clocking in at 7:22. I finished 6th in my age group. Pretty cool. Now I have to figure out what race I will do next...this is becoming somewhat of an obsession I think. I will attach a few photos, but none are very good - I guess I have become too fast for the camera to catch me, because Angela wasn't really able to get any good shots throughout the whole race...including the end! Ah well...everyone use your imagination a bit, ok?

There I am, just before the 1-mile mark...


Cropped, closer view.


Fading into the blurry distance...


32:52 from the start...je suis finis!

No comments: