Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happenings in the LBC

Last week, I organized an informal LBHS Class of 94 Reunion, since we never had a 10 year get together. We met up at a local bar, Sutton Place, and had a few drinks, reminisced, and showed each other pics of our kids. HOLY SHIT did I feel old. Here are a couple of photos, courtesy of Dhanraj:




Today I ran the Long Beach 10k Turkey Trot - it didn't go near as well as last week's 10k, I finished in 54:24, nearly 2 minutes slower than last week, but whatever. I know excuses are like assholes (everyone's got one!), but I got a major stitch in my right side from mile 2 that did not go away until the end. That hampered me quite a bit, but like I said...whatever. Last year, when I was warming up, I noticed Erik from one of my favorite shows, The Biggest Loser, was there. That was awesome. This year, I noticed someone running around with a Biggest Loser T-Shirt on, and I was like, "Who IS that?" It turned out to be Jim, one of the twin brothers who was on the show this season! I said hi to him and his wife, congratulated him and wished him luck on the race. When I finished, Angela came running to say hi, and I said "Jim from The Biggest Loser is here running!" Just as I said that, his wife walked past, and we got to talking a bit, and when Jim finished, Angela snapped a photo of us. He was a super nice guy, and it made my crappy finishing time a lot easier to swallow. Here's some pics!


Crap time compared to last week...oh well!


Jim, myself and Ella

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments. You are what every mother wishes their children would turn out to be. You are smart compassionate a great husband father and son!You are doing amazing with your racing and I know thats no easy task. All I can say you are wonderful and I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Wow, mom's comments are so gay! Anyway, WOW Jim look awesome, I am so excited you saw him and SO addicted to that show!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your mom's comments are exactly like my mom's. And your sister's comments are exactly like my sister's (shite grammar and all).

Seeing those photos of the reunion made me feel all wispy. I so wish I could have been there. I have no idea what I would say to anyone, or if I'd even remember anyone's name. I dread the thought of someone saying, "Josh! How have you been?!" and me not having any idea who that person was. But I love the thought of bonding with people who have a shared past. And I'd probably enjoy bragging a little.

Brian said...

Many people at the reunion didn't remember others there - it was quite fun to watch teh awkwardness to be honest. I knew everyone, mainly because I had been in contact with some of them and had an idea they would be there. So I tried to act as a re-introducer for those in need. You would have had a great time my friend - will attempt something else for the spring/summer and give ample notice! I hope your ladies are well. :)