Monday, February 18, 2008

Stroller Strides

Today I accompanied my ladies to their weekly workout session, known as "Stroller Strides." I assumed that this consisted of a bunch of mommies and babies strolling around, chatting away, sucking down coffee and watching the babies play for a couple of hours before coming home and telling me how great of a workout it is. When Angela approached me a few weeks ago about a family session, where the daddies were also invited to attend, I told her I would come, thinking it would be a doddle around the mall where I would score some points and a lunch at Cheesecake Factory afterwards.

So, when I arose this morning, I was getting ready to go by putting on my jeans and t-shirt, when Angela tells me I need to wear workout clothes. "HA!" I scoffed! Me, the newly "athletic" guy, he who barely sweats during a 4 mile run, he who works out 4-5x a week, He-Man, need to wear workout clothes to Stroller Strides with a bunch of girls?? "COME ON!" I proclaim! "This is going to be a walk in the park, I don't need to wear workout clothes!"

"Yes, you do. I promise you will be sweating by the end of it."

"WHATEVER, I daresay I shant sweat a drop!" (note the british accent in my writing - I feel british today)

"You are not wearing jeans. NO JEANS!"

"Yes ma'am." I said, fully intending to do as I pleased anyway.

"I bet you that you will sweat during class today."

"You are on!"

"What are we betting for?"

"Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!" (YES!)

So, I popped on my jogging pants and Thundercats T-shirt (a compromise - marriage is all about it!), and off we went.

I was sweating my balls off within 10 minutes.

These mommas do NOT mess around. The instructor had us trotting around, doing wall-sits, bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats, lunges, pushups and crunches....all while singing the alphabet song and "The Wheels On The Bus." I actually had to go into Old Navy and buy a t-shirt because I was sweating so badly, I didn't want to go to lunch smelling funky.

So, I hereby eat my words and pour much respect upon my wife and all of the Stroller Strides mommas.

Upside down, fully shaven smooch.


Attempting to engineer a new breed of rose - the Guinness Rose.



1-2-3-4-5...6-7-8...NINE!


Do YOUR ears hang low?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my *GOD* that NINE was the cutest thing EVER!!

Fit Mommy said...

The "nine" is adorable!

And great job going to a Stroller Strides class! Moms everywhere are working hard to get and stay fit as well as be good role models of health to our kids! It is so awesome when our hubbys support us and make heath and fitness a family activity! Thanks for being man enough to go to Stroller Strides and thanks for supporting your wife and her fitness goals!

雷雅穎 said...

Searching for stroller input! XD Hi I'm Mindy, I'm attending Simmons College and I was wondering if you would be willing to help me out please. For my Senior Sem class we design a product and make a business plan for it. Please help me out by answering this short 27 question survey. (not all questions require answers) We need to find out if our jogging stroller would sell and have people survey data to back up our claims.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ERj03IRyadALpWssTD9Ofg_3d_3d