Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ella's 2nd Birthday!

It is hard to believe that 2 years ago today, my little munchkin joined us in the land of the air-breathing human-folk. It seems SO long ago, yet just like yesterday that we were in that hospital room, and after agonizing hours, Angela finally popped out this little shriveled screaming stranger. She didn't look particularly cute in retrospect, although everyone told me she was. I think they were just being nice - she looked like any other little baby I suppose. All she did was scream, drink, poop and pee, and occasionally sleep for a bit. Quite a chore. Flash forward to today, and we have an independent, sentence-speaking, cartoon-loving, intelligent, hysterically funny, cuter-than-anything-ever, free-thinking little lady. She (along with Angela of course!) is the love of my life, and I am thankful for her presence every day, even when she is being IMPOSSIBLE and yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at any word you speak to her. She is a joy and the world is a better place having her in it. Hopefully we will read this together 13-14 years from now, when she is in her "I HATE YOU" phase, and I will remember the happy days of parenting, and perhaps she will see that no matter what she thinks, daddy will always love her even if he won't buy her a new Mercedes.

Here's some pics of her birthday party!

Mmmm. Chips.


Huggies with mommy!


Engorging.


Dan, Mel, Mom, Martini.


Practicing?


Pinned...


Damn shame how dark this one came out - Nanny, Poppy, punkin-head.


Dora cake, made by Angela and Melissa


Mmmmmmmm. Dora Cake.


"MY HATS!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all the way on that "13-14 years from now" reminiscing thing. I think about that every time I write about Emily in my blog.

Happy Birthday, Ella. Keep on truckin'