Thursday, July 24, 2008

Seattle and the Herald

Last week was a busy one - had to take a short hiatus from life/training to go to Seattle for Nate's wedding. We were busy going from one function to another, but had a great time seeing the sites of Seattle and meeting plenty of lovely people. Then, upon coming home, I see that the article written about me has been published in the Herald - I am on the cover AND there are 2 pages about me inside! All scanned for those of you not in LB. :) Back on the training saddle, all is well. Here's some photos!

Trying on the pimp-tux.


The view from Nate's suite. Sweet.


Nate doing the YMCA dance with the belly dancer at his bachelor party.


Me and Brucey trying to avoid being trapped under this giant traffic cone.


The Space Needle


View from the Space Needle. On the right, you can see the stadiums where the Seahawks and the Mariners play.


Pike's Place Market


Home of the famous Flying Fish shop...


...and the first ever Starbucks!


Pic taken with my cell phone at the wedding. I have no other photos from the wedding itself.


Yeah, thats me, the MARATHON MAN, bitches.


How bad-ass am I? Yeah, I know. Pretty bad-ass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say but you are amazing!!!I am so very proud of all your accomplishments and especially about how determined you are to becoming so athletic and doing the NY marathon. I am sure you will do fantastic Bri. Everyone is so in awe of all you do. We love you

Anonymous said...

NICE article! See you this weekend!

PS- I told you that there was no need to worry about the fundraising!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,
It's another long-lost friend from London. Remember the crazy red-head chick from Levittown that only survived one year? Yup, it's me Heather Conway. I can't believe how incredible you are doing. You rock!!! Your blog just took me back about 10 years (holy cow, i can't believe it was that long ago). I'm living in California now with my hubby and twin boys but i would love to catch up. My email is heather_persson@hotmail.com. Keep up the great work and let me know where to donate!

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to say that you look anything less that dapper-smooth in that sweet white wedding suite (cause you do!), but please tell me that that first photo was taken by a very tall man, cause you look distinctly midget-like to me.

Brian said...

Actually, Josh, it was taken by a giant Canadian named Bruce....perhaps that is why I look like a dwarf. He is the gargantuan in the photo with me with the over-sized traffic cone. Crazy Canadians with their floppy heads (see Terrance and Philip) and funny speech, eh? What's that all aboot? :)