Sunday, March 13, 2005

Apologies

Sorry it has been so long since I have written - my little lady has been ill with a bad cold, so I have been attempting to nurse her back to health. It all started a good 3-4 days ago, when at night she started coughing. Didn't think too much of it at the time, just thought it would pass quickly....NOPE. I don't think I have ever heard anyone cough so hard in my life....I keep expecting to find her lungs in a heap next to her after one of these fits. The last 2 nights, she could barely lie down without coughing. Needless to say, neither of us slept a wink. We must have tried every friggin' cough remedy stocked on the pharmacy shelf, to no avail....until this afternoon, when we tried some new cough-suppresant strips that dissolve on your tongue coupled with a "vapo-rub"-type substance impregnanted in a strip that you tape across your nose, which is meant to clear out your sinuses. BINGO!!! Literally about 15 minutes after this new combination-therapy, Angela was passed out on the couch and stayed that way for about 3-4 hours. I tried to take a nap myself, however I got caught up in watching National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation. Who can resist that?!? Afterwards, I decided to make some dinner (Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya - sounds more impressive than it was, it was a Zatarain's Mix, all pre-made, just add the meat!), and by the time that was done, it was 6:45pm. No time for napping....
So, haven't heard a cough out of wifey since, here's to hoping we both get a well-deserved good night's sleep.
Oh, before I sign off, I figured I would quickly chat about last night's Texas Hold 'Em marathon at Wayne's house. Angela was feeling ill, and told me I should go out and join some of the boys in a poker night. Went down to Long Beach, met up with Jared, Lenny, Stu and Wayne at Wayne's apartment. To make a VERY long story short, we started playing at 8pm.....and finished at near on 1am......! The final 2 were Wayne and myself, he probably had double the chips that I had. It was just the two of us for probably about an hour, and the same amount of chips changed hands about 25 times. At one point I think we may have been nearly equal in chips...as it got to 1am, after 5 hours of sitting on my ass, I couldn't bear it anymore. I decided that if I got a decent hand, I was going to go all-in, and either lose and go home or make a huge dent in Wayne's chips. I was dealt a pair of 7's, and I decided to go for it. Wayne agreed, so we were on....I had my 7's, he had an Ace and a 9. I had my fingers crossed for 5 random cards, or even a 7 thrown in for good measure. The flop consisted of a 10....and two 9's. DAGGER THROUGH MY HEART. The last 2 cards were not 7's, so I lost. For those of you who have no idea what Texas Hold 'Em is (or anything I wrote in the entire last paragraph)....suffice it to say I lost, and I was kinda pissed off, although I was totally ready to go home to bed. Not that interesting of a story, but it is my blog and I can write about whatever the hell I want. So there. Na-nee-na-nee-poo-poo....

PEACE,

-B

No comments: