Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Appreciation

It's nice to be appreciated. I appreciate being appreciated. It really can make an otherwise stressful and upsetting few days seem all better. Case in point: The last couple of days at work, its not been as busy as it should be this time of year, therefore I think our boss is stressing out about how to pay the bills (and taxes!)...and inevitably, when someone is stressing about major stuff like that, they can be a bit moody at times. A couple of criticisms later...wifey got upset and stressed, doubting her abilities as a vet, etc. When I hear her talk that way...I get PISSED the HELL off. Noone makes my girl doubt herself. NOONE.

Well, you can probably tell the mood that put me in. In any event, we were pulled aside today and told how much we are appreciated, how we do an excellent job, etc. That was all it took to make the anxiety and stress go away...a few kind words. No longer did Angela doubt herself, no longer was I angry. Amazing, isn't it, the power of kind words. Maybe we should all use them a bit more frequently...

No comments: