Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Grand Turismo 4

I am not really into racing games, but I went over to Lenny's house to play the much anticipated (by him, anyway) new game, Grand Turismo 4 on Playstation 2. He said that he has been waiting for this game to come out for a year. I figured that this had to be good...

Well, there is no doubt that the graphic presentation is awesome, the backgrounds and cars all look great. However...I hate the game. Not only does running a car around a track bore me, but usually in these games, you can at least do fucked up stuff to destroy your car. I like that. Slamming into walls or other cars, watching the hood fall off and the windshield shatter into smithereens, even seeing the car explode sometimes...these are the only reasons I bother playing racing games. Well, in GT4, NO damage happens to your car. I slammed into walls at 150mph, and not a scratch. What a bunch of shit. I shall never play it again.

After GT4, we played the new EA Sports basketball game, "NBA Live 2005." Not bad, but some things piss me off. Like, you can do a slam dunk contest...and pulling these dunks off is more complicated than cracking the DaVinci Code. But it was much more fun that GT4. So we played it a bit, then got hungry. So, we went for all-you-can-eat sushi. A "fantastic roll", 2 "rock n' rolls", an eel+cucumber roll, a "boston" roll, 2 pieces of eel, 2 pieces of crab, a seeweed salad and a miso soup later.....I am ready to burst. So before I explode all over this computer screen, I shall be off. Tomorrow is a 12 hour day, so I shall write, but it will be late!

Until we meet again...

-B

No comments: